Monday, January 24, 2011

Ease On Down The Road


I'm back from a very eventful weekend. I need to have a very active weekend because this week is going to be the from hell and I'm going to be crawling and graveling for this coming up weekend.

Where shall I start...I only worked out on Saturday and took a break on Sunday and after the hangover I had, my day of rest was much needed.

Saturday was our last rehearsal with Bob and it was great!!! It was pretty bummed that he was leaving even though I didn't show it. He reminded me a lot of Dr. C which was so crazy. His mannerisms and speech were very similar to Dr. C's. Anyway we took another approach to our rehearsal process on Saturday. During every scene we worked on we had a "Feeder" that was beside us feeding us our lines. A Feeder is basically another actor or actress not a scene with you who follows you where ever you go onstage and they feed you your lines while you work on the physical aspects of your character. I LOVED this approach to rehearsal. It makes you learn the line a whole lot fast, while working on the physical aspects of your character.

After rehearsal I had planned to kick up my heels and lay in bed the rest of the night, but my Roomie had other plans. A couple of his friends came over and we had a few drinks. Now, before you say "Tyree, you aren't supposed to be drinking!" let me just say that it was just a "taste " of what's going to happen this weekend. I didn't get carried away or anything like that. Afterward we headed to Bottom's Up the other Gay club here in Jackson, Mississippi. I had never been there before but everyone else had. It was okay for a club, but I was still expecting so much more. We showed up and 1 a.m. anyway so there wasn't much to it. I had a good time though.

Sunday was a pretty good relaxing day. I just watched Netflix movies and ate homemade pancakes because I was hungry and it was a very tasty good decision.

Today's rehearsal was okay....I say that because I didn't really do much. We ran Act 1, and Act 2 of the show. I don't come in until Act 2 and I say 10 lines and then I'm not scene again till Act 3. We ran the first to Acts of book and it was a weird feeling because during my one scene I wanted "more" but I felt like either I wasn't giving more or my partner wasn't giving me much to work with. It was a stumble through so I guess I shouldn't expect much. I'm want to give a good performance and make sure I'm getting my point and intentions across. It's a work in progress but I'm excited and thrilled.

Now I'm wrapping up my day on my bedroom floor watching HGTV...and thinking it's time to REALLY let go of the past and bad things that have happened in it. Everything has led me to who I am today, but now it's truly time to move forward and stop sweating the small stuff. It's time for me to EASE ON DOWN THE ROAD :)

Well g2g PEACE

p.s.
Life is the best school. God is the best teacher. Problem is the best assignment. Failure is the best revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment