Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Empty Bottles In My Head


Chug it down like it's a drug...

Today has been a very chill day. My head is swimming with so much information that I'm really not sure how I'm retaining it all. So at the beginning of the internship I had a feeling that I was going to be the one that ended up in the shop after we did our rotation of being in the shop, costumes, and office duties. Well sure enough I'm the one working in the shop. Yesterday was a pretty breezy day as far as working in the shop went. We got a lot accomplished and we were all tired after it. Today I woke up and went to the gym and I was gearing myself for another day in the shop, little did I know that I would have to rack my brain to find what remnants of geometry that I could remember. I thought I was going to be getting away from math once I left college...I guess not :( Brent who is pretty much over the entire operation of putting The 39 Steps together through so many measurements at me today that it was almost overbearing for my brain. I got through it though in one piece.

Today was also our first day back at the Afterschool Program....I have no comment about how better organized it should be, but the kids today were really great. Today we sat in a circle and we began with the origins of theatre and where it is now. I honestly feel that this is what these kids need. They need ALL of the basics, not just doing monologues and playing games. You would never believe how many questions they had about Medea, or Greek theatre.

The rest of the afternoon has been nice. It's great having Zach and Caleb here it's like a buffer between the reality that I'm not in Motown. It's like they brought a piece of Motown with them and I love that so much.

Well that's pretty much how my day went. In other news..I'm cutting Pork out of my life (GASP!!!)it's time to let the swine and all of it's goodness go. I'm only going to rely on Beef and poultry. Changing my lifestyle it the first step in my living a better life. Today at the gym I was running and this lady stopped me and said "You've been running non-stop for 45mins, WOW, keep it up. You keep me motivated"...besides the fact that I get annoyed when people talk to me in the gym, it was really nice to know that through my own motivation I was motivating someone else.

I want a better life, and I want to come into my own this year! My eye is on the prize and I want more out of life and I know I'm the only one that can make that happen.

Well g2g PEACE

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”
-Mark Victor Hansen quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment