Monday, January 17, 2011

I Was Adored Once Too



Went on a little blog hiatus because I went on vacation. This weekend was great, and much needed. I had a great time with my Stephen and I so glad/ overjoyed to see him. I'm also glad I got to see some of my besties Matt, Zach, and Jordan. It's really nice to know that I have a whole other life outside of here in Jackson, Mississippi. I can't wait to go to Motown weekend after next to go to the Purple Pajama Party !!!!

I took a an extra day off from working out, but tomorrow I get right back to it, and I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm afraid to see what the scale is going to read though, because we ate at a Chinese Buffet aka MY POISON, but that was the only thing I had eaten that entire day so I might be fine. Whatever the fate I'm prepared to work hard this week and get back on track.

Today we started rehearsals for Twelfth Night and I'm excited, but I have a lot of work ahead of me. Today we did a read through of the script and the cast is going to be great. The neat thing about this production is that we aren't performing this show on the Main Stage at NEW STAGE. We are opening this show at the 800 seat state of the arts JA Performing Arts Center and it's a really wonderful space. I took a picture of it today, but it came out kind of blurry. I'll post better one later.
As we were doing the reading all I kept thinking about was "How am I going to portray Antonio?" A lot of the cast members at the reading were already vocalizing how there character would speak, but I was trying to figure out how my character was existing in there world. I feel like Antonio is really on the outside of the whole play and when he verbally reveals his love for Sebastian everyone just kind of avoids the whole situation by changing the situation or the conversation. I think I'm going to play on it for a minute and see if that works. I'm really excited because this isn't a role that I was expecting to get and it's going to force me to work hard in the role. I've been begging for a challenge since I've been here..and this might be it. I wasn't type cast in this role..which..yeah I'm getting tired of, but I'm just getting started so I'm taking what I can get. But I'm grateful for this opportunity and I'm going to actually be working with Francine Thomas as my director for this show and that's exciting too!

Well g2g PEACE

P.S. I miss Birmingham

No comments:

Post a Comment