
Getting ready to wrap up another day in Jackson, Mississippi. Today was sort of a drag for some reason. I went to the gym and that was exciting. That was really the highlight of my day.
Today was my teaching day So I had my High School Kids during the day and After School program after. I don't feel like going into detail about either today really. All I had on my brain today was SLEEPING.
I finally finished watching all over CLAYMORE. Okay, so I'm not really into Anime and you won't hear about me ever going to an Anime Convention of any sort, but I was bored one night and I was just surfing for something to watch on my NetFlix Instant Watch...we all know how hard it is to find something good to watch NetFlix unless you have both the Instant Watch and DVD option, which I have. Anyway CLAYMORE came up as one of my "Something You'll Like" and I thought I would give it a try. I started watching it and I was hooked after the first three Episodes. It's really hard to describe the series so here's the Wikipedia plot:
"In a world where humans coexist with sentient monsters called Yoma (妖魔?) that feed on human innards, an organization has created an order of half-human, half-yoma warriors to protect humans from the yoma, for a large fee. The people of this world have dubbed these warriors "Claymores" based on their swords. They are also referred to as "Silver Eyed Witches", based on their appearance and seemingly cold nature toward others. Each Claymore has a rank number which is based on their strength and ability. There are 47 ranks corresponding to the number of regions of the land/world.
A Claymore known as Clare saves a small town by killing a Yoma living there, and meets Raki (Rocky), a boy whose parents were killed by the Yoma. Out of gratitude, Raki ends up following Clare from town to town during her Yoma-killing jobs. The two travel together until they are separated when Clare is forced to battle a sadistic Claymore named Ophelia. Before parting, Clare promises to find him if she survives. The story becomes a tale of revenge, as Clare seeks to confront someone from her past.
So that's pretty much the plot, but it's much more detailed than that. These girls are BAD BITCHES that can fight and Raki is little whiny bitch, but the Women in this show are E.P.I.C. I haven't been this hooked on a Anime series since INYUYASHA..LOL
I just finished watching HOT in Cleveland and Retired at 35..too flickin' funny!!!
No rehearsal for "Twelfth Night" tonight, but I have the first two scenes that I have memorized so that's a plus! Sometimes I forget how much I really love theatre. This internship sometimes sucks the love away and sometimes it makes you really love it. I'm still trying to figure out my next move after this is done. I'd really like to do some work that I want to do. I kinda have a small voice here and I really want to engage in some work that I'm really interested in, and here in Mississippi there's no "real" outlet for the kind of theatre I'd REALLY like to do. I miss abstract theatre and some forms of Avant Garde theatre. It seems like since I've left school I'm running into groups of people that want to do the run of the mill, too keep and audience..but I'm young and I want MORE, so after my internship is up I'm going to go looking for MORE or I'm going to go make MORE!
Well g2g PEACE
P.S. Check out this new musical "White Noise" it's opening in Chicago this year and Whoopi is backing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment