Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday=Cheat Day !!!




So today has been an interesting and nice day. Today I didn't have to be at work till 1 p.m. and that was so nice. I went to the gym at my usual time and got a lot of weight lifting in today. It was a challenge on the dumb bells because today I moved up to 60 lbs per bell and I did 4 sets of 15. I also moved up my chest press to 205lbs and that was no easy feet for me either. They guys in the gym today really gave me great encouragement today and it was really nice of them. So that was an excellent way to start the day.

Afterward I decided it was time get my hair cut. I hadn't done anything to it since late November. Since that time I've been rocking a beard. Stephen should me a picture of Flo Rida's beard and he asked if I could get like his and of course I said "Sure!" I've found a really cool hair spot in Jackson called Razor Sharp and the folks there are certified specialist when it comes to getting a good cut. Since I'm getting older I've decided to steer away from the kiddie cuts and try to find an Older/Younger look. I kept the beard but got it faded down. The Barber's there were really nice and shout out to Louis Davis for giving me such and excellent cut.

Since it's Cheat Thursday I got to splurge on some good food. Today LaShunda and I went to TWO SISTER'S which is awesome Jackson native restaurant the caters in good southern cooked food. I had the Baked Chicken, Yams, Cabbage, and Cornbread and y'all it was so finger licking good. It's located in Downtown Jackson and it's nestled in nice Victorian Style house. The atmosphere is always pleasant and I look forward to going back again.

After lunch it's time to head back to New Stage for 4 hours of Work Call...lately Work Call's been a little less exciting because now the sets up and we have to wait for the Set Designer to come in and paint the rest of the set. I'm still learning the ropes and today I cut a pipe and cut new grooves in it. It's a very interesting technique and messy too. OIL EVERYWHERE !!! LOL. During all of Work Call I was thinking about my audition for A Soldier's Play. I honestly don't know who I want to be in the show, or who I would be good for so I studied as much as I could gather about each character last night and I just ran with it. I read for every black male in the play and I was seen with a lot of different groups. I won't know anything till Feb 21st so it's really one of those "Audition & Forget About It" issues. I'll probably forget anyway because I have "Twelfth Night" and "Miss Nelson is Missing the Musical" on my plate right now. Not to mention the touring shows....bled :) boo TOURS :)

Well I'm keeping my attitude positive and not letting myself be caught up in life unnecessary shit. I'm focusing on making myself a better person physically, and mentally.

Well g2g PEACE

P.S. FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE...you gotta love these three

No comments:

Post a Comment