Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mississippi Blues

Today has just been one of those it's time to rethink days. I've got A LOT on my mind right now and it all has to deal with theatre. I love every bit of theatre...it's in my blood, it's on my mind all the damn time.

Nothing at this point should come as a surprise to me when it comes to theatre. Things shouldn't be urking me the way that they are starting too. I said this once before...I'm not going to sacrifice my training to play certain types of roles. I don't really want to get into that discussion again, but I feel like sometimes that since I'm a black male I'm automatically type-casted and that I can only be seen as playing "certain" roles. It's like I'm constantly having to break down barriers or work harder at what I do than most people because of the color of my skin...that part really sucks sometimes.

Today we had auditions for THE LAST DAYS OF JUDAS ISCARIOT and there is certain role in the play that I would really like to play. I really have the feeling that's not going to happen at all...and honestly that's okay. You never really know what the director ever has in mind and I'm cool with that. It's really to hard to say really if i will get it or not...but I know I went into that room and gave what I had to offer. I did get to read for a couple of other parts and that's really really neat too. I just hate really wanting something...and deep down knowing that it's not meant to be.

Anyway...i will shake it off. That's what you're supposed to do after an audition anyway. I'm just going to keep busting my ass and working hard because if anything I do feel that everything in life is a sorta test..and I will ace this one :)

Staying hopeful and positive :)

Well g2g PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment