Sunday, September 19, 2010

If My Life Were A Musical

So I haven't had time to post a good entry due to the fact that I have been so wrapped up in so many projects with New Stage. We officially opened Red,White, And Tuna and it's been whooping my ass. This show is a costumer/dressers nightmare....its a great show, the quick changes are crazy and after you do the show you don't want to do anything at all. The show is really good nonetheless. I'm starting to feel more comfortable here as of late and that's a good thing.

Today we teched Sword in The Stone and that was cool. I look like a black version of Dumbledore when I'm in Merlin's costume with wig, beard and all. It's so true when they say that you really start to feel like the character once you've got the costume. I'm 24 yrs old playing a 1000 yr old man....not as easy as it sounds, but a really fun challenge. I can't wait till we have this show on the road!!!

Tomorrow I go into my first rehearsal with the rest of the cast of The Last Days of Judas Iscariot. I'm playing Jesus, which is going to be interesting since Judas is white...I've been wracking my brain with ways to take on this role and I can't wait to unleash what I've been working on in my mind for Jesus. I'm really excited about this show more than anything else out of the season...but we're only just getting started so who knows.

Well g2g PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment