So after last night blogs...today was the day of revelation.
After I talked to Chris about how I felt about this entire Internship process and how I really felt that things need to be brought out in the air today before we started rehearsal we all talked about it. I really felt so proud of myself today. I had issues and I addressed them and I didn't let them boil over into crazy anger. I said my peace and after all of that I felt so RELIEVED. Was there some people upset...of course, but that's just life. You can't make everybody happy and you sure as hell can't please everyone. I told myself that I had to stop laying on the ground and letting people do whatever to me or just simply get away with foolishness. I will say that everyone in the room had valid points, some more plausible than others, and some that I could tell were quick excuses...but it's okay. The good thing about this whole thing was that we talked about it. I didn't become combative in any shape or form...and I kept myself as calm as possible.
Even though this is an internship and we all as interns are supposed to be close and good friends, doesn't mean that we aren't supposed to have sense of proffesionalism whenever we are in a work setting..now that doesn't mean there can't be times were we can goof off..but that's only when it all of us..together. I let it be known that I have bounderies as a person...and I wanted them respected. I think I will be getting that now. The cool thing was today at Red, White, and Tuna rehearsals Me, Sydney, and LaShunda finally clicked together. We laughed and jokes and apologized to each other...and that was SOOOOOOO good. You can tell that that's the type of people who really want to make an effort to make things better and be better and grow too. Now some people are still going to be in funk...but oh well, and to each his own, but at the sametime you can't stay there to long because then your just hindering yourself while others move foward. This really all about maturity.
Everyday is a learning process in life. Some of us have just graduated from college and the transition to adulthood is a daunting process, there will be time when you will have conflicts with people...that's life, but when situations like this happen it's preparing for something bigger and you'll be prepared for it.
I don't know what's going to happen to all of us through the rest of this internship..but I want to not only grow as an actor...I hope to grow as person from all of this. I'm here for a reason, not just to do shows, but to learn from everyone.
Thank GOD, for my gym time....gotta get in Dreamgirls shape if I'm going to audition for that show.
Well g2g PEACE
No comments:
Post a Comment