So I was going to post last night and then for some reason I hit the backspace button. Anyway yesterday we kicked off our Mississippi tour of The Sword in The Stone. Yesterdays show was a not to shabby...I'm not going to give it 5 stars but it was a three star show. Props, and costumes were the main reason the show wasn't a 5 star like it could be..but that will all be handled overtime. I'm not worrying about it because I'm going to be going with the flow.
Over the past couple of days I've learned that sometimes you just have to go with the flow. I know that somewhere there is method to all of this madness and we'll be alright. This internship is a real challenge when it comes to working as cohesive group and getting things done efficiently. There was some very small tension between two of my fellow interns yesterday and I heard both sides and you know what I'm going to do? Stay out of it. Why? Because I'm going to start letting people learn on there own...I've told myself that you can't always be the "fixer-upper" and if people want to act foolish go ahead because I'm not going to be apart of it. I'm sure that everything will workout because one intern did the right thing and was very mature on how to handle it.
Last nights run of Red, White, and Tuna was a very trying one for me. All I will say is that I'm an actor and even though I'm a dresser for the show doesn't mean that I should be talked to or barked at like I'm less than a person. Part of me last night almost lashed out, but I didn't because that wouldn't solve a thing and it would just make matters worse. Right now this is honestly the only "blah" part of the internship and that's doing crew work. I was re-examining the season and I have a feeling that I'm going to be doing the brunt of the crew work this season because of the nature of the shows...that part sucks I will say. I'd rather act..or be cast in a role that I can really do something with. These small parts are okay...but I would like to do more. I know what I have to do to actually achieve this and I'm going to be putting it into full effect over the next coming months.
Well it's about time for me to head to the gym...my place of solitude. Also I'm starting to make friends outside of the theatre that aren't apart of any scene or anything and I like that. These people keep me grounded and drop some good knowledge. LeQuise the lady that runs the gym I workout at is really cool. She pulled me in her office and we talked for a minute and before I left she told me "You might be going through a tough time, because you're in a new place and new surroundings. Believe me when I say that God is getting ready to bless you in a way that you've never imagined. Keep the FAITH" I don't know what made her say that..but she believes in me and she dropped some knowledge onto me and I wasn't expecting it.
Well g2g PEACE
No comments:
Post a Comment