Wednesday, September 8, 2010

La colère de laisser sombrer

So that amazing weekend is over and it's back to reality.

Yesterday was a nice day. Everyone keeps asking me what's wrong and I've decided to only tell one person because right now I don't feel like I really can tell anyone without having a pity party...which isn't what I need right now. I'm going to step out and say that right now I'm really happy that LaShunda is here as an intern. I've really needed someone to talk to and someone who can depart some really good wisdom and she's been a real rock right now.

Yesterday I had a lot on my mind about stuff that's been going on with me and LaShunda hit it right on the head and I almost cried...I try not to let my emotions get the best of me. What I learned from our conversation was that right now I'm elevating and growing as a person on so many levels. Here at New Stage I have encountered some things and dealt with people that I'm not use to dealing with full on. Staying mature is has been a real test lately....and I'm winning. I learned that God sometimes puts you in situations to prepare you for something bigger and better. I'm not in anyway someone that is extremely religious but I do believe in God and I know that he will never give me anything that I can't bare. I thought while living in Evansville I would get everything figured out to prepare myself for adult life...but I'm still learning and growing as person.

Today we started working with the kids and one kid REALLY struck a cord with me because I wonder if a friend of mine was going through this before he decided to take his life on friday. I don't want to go into details about it right now..because I'm just not ready. My brother asked me why I'm not going to the funeral and I told him....I just couldn't. While I was listening to the kid talk it just really amazed me how someone could be going through something and you not even know it. It really inspired me to want to work with kids with problems and introduce them to theatre..and after I audition for the Dreamgirls National Tour and some other shows. I'm going to head back to school and get a masters in education.

Red, White, and Tuna is a monster with all of its costume changes and what I found very neat was that our costume designer for the show was supposed to take John Franklin's place at UM after he passed away, but she broke her wrist and Emily got the job....I love me some Emily :)

In other news I got cast as Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet, Jesus in The Last Days of Judas Iscariot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I start some new changes and I can't wait till my "books" and Dvd comes in.

Well g2g PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment