I came home for the weekend but I will return to Mississippi early tomorrow morning.
This weekend break was MUCH needed. Sometimes in life you have to get out of the swimming pool and dry off for a bit and look at the bigger picture...then dive back in with a clearer mind and ready to make bigger strokes so as not to drown. This week as been a whirlwind of emotions and highs and lows.
I originally got cast in The Last Days of Judas Iscariot as the Baliff/Simon Zealot character...and I knew that I was going to play that part. I had my heart set on playing Satan, but I was willing to play anything. After I read the part of the Baliff I knew I was going to play that character..and I watched some Youtube clips of other people playing the roles and I was excited about playing the part. Then news came that the guy playing Jesus wasn't going to be able to play the part due to other obligations with another production. I hadn't really read the part of Jesus because the guy was cast automatically in the role. I didn't really want the part either. Then I recieve a call and then I'm told i'm being recast as Jesus. I'm really excited about playing the part and it's going to be really interesting to see a "black" Jesus....once again I'm breaking down barriers :) I'm really excited though.
This weekend I got to see Stephen !!!!! YAY !!!!! ;) OVER JOYED !!!!!!! and the rest of the crew...there growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment