Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Smoke Breaks Included.

Today was actually a good off day. I got somethings take care of in my room. I unpacked all of my playbills and theatre memorabilia and I started hanging them up in my room. I've got really neat plans for my bedroom. I'm going to make it my own. I love musicals and everybody knows that...so I'm going to deck my room out in musical theatre posters.....but not just your typical ones, there going to be shows that mean something to me.

I look at my fireplace and I see all the playbills that I've hung up over the mantle and it really gives me guidance and hope. It's not just there for show. I saw every single one of those for a reason...they are me. They are what brought me into the world of theatre. Each poster, or playbill has a story to tell. I look at that wall and I hope that I can be apart of something that great...maybe I'll be in one someday.

This coming up week I've got to pour a bit of my focus into The Sword In The Stone...I've got to be off book by friday...it'll happen. lol The quicker i'm off book the better. Also we are having readings wednesday and Thursday for The Last Days of Judas Iscariot, which is a play that I REALLY want to be in. I would like to play Satan, but we'll see. I figure if I start speaking things into existence I might be able to achieve what I want to do. I'm not going to hold back on my acting...EVER...it's what I do, and it's what I want to do for the rest of my life. So in reading or whatever...I'm always going to give you something that will make you take notice of me. Nothing has every really been handed to me on a platter and I don't expect that to start happening now...and even if it does, I want it to be because I earned it. I want to earn a role because I truly worked hard for it...and deserve it...not because I'm trying to get in good with someone. That's not how I role.

I've got some personal goals that I want to accomplish while I'm here. My first goal I want to achieve is giving my all in every show that I'm cast in. I'm doing this because I want to tell the audience a story. I love telling stories and this is such a great outlet. Also I want to come into my own as an actor outside of a college setting.

I've got a lot to offer and to prove...let's make it happen shall we?

Well g2g PEACE

1 comment:

  1. AHH! The Last Days of Judas Iscariot!!! AWESOME! That is such a great play.

    ReplyDelete