Monday, August 23, 2010

Wait...Where Am I? Oh yeah...Jackson, Mississippi!

So time has really flown by.

We are halfway through August....Earlier this month I was in Evansville, Indiana and now I'm in Jackson, Mississippi for a year!!!

I just finished my first full week at New Stage Theatre here in Jackson, Mississippi. The drive here was VERY short. What made it even better is the fact that I can't tell the difference between Alabama, and Mississippi. Working here at New Stage has been a blast so far. I've already been cast in two shows "The Sword In The Stone", and "Romeo and Juliet"...I'm pretty excited about both of them. This week I have to read for "The Miracle Worker"....which I don't see why, because of the fact there aren't ANY adult African-American male parts in the show. Go Figure! Anywho and then later on I'll be reading "The 39 Steps". Besides acting I'll be teaching kids..which I'm really excited about. It's in the kids where we plant the seed of the next generation of actors. I'm really glad I chose to work at New Stage...this really IS where I need to be right now. I know some go off to NYC or California as quickly as they can, but I believe for myself right now that my place is to plant theatre in places that don't or aren't exposed to that much theatre. Plus I'm getting cast in very good roles and I'm working for an awesome regional theatre.

NYC, I've been having dreams about you and I know I'm taking the right course to get there. I'll see you soon for sure...just be patient and I'll be in your arms soon enough.

Life here is very "southern" and I love this cities quircks. I'm learning the odds and ends of the place. Deejay my roommate, who also interns with me is great and we've been exploring this town!!! We've met some really cool people Neill and David. I do hope I can make friends here, but I think I'm going to be VERY busy. We'll see :)

I was talking to my friend Melvin the other day on the phone and he spoke on how now we have to press the "reset" button on life. The college life is officially over and the things that we did in the pass are all erased because now we begin a new journey and we are in new surrounding. We press the reset button knowing the mistakes we've made..we learn from them and we don't make the same mistakes again. It's so true...You can't worry about what people have said or are saying about you now..you've got to move forward and build a new foundation.

I'm grabbing life by the reigns and I'm going to now make my dreams a reallity...I'm standing on my own two feet now. I'm ready world....I hope your ready because I've got great things in store for you.

Well g2g PEACE

P.S.
Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition.
-Sir William Osler

No comments:

Post a Comment