Sunday, August 29, 2010

Man of Invention

Just wrapped up my second week at New Stage Theatre. Things are really starting to pick up around here. We started blocking The Sword in The Stone and we are slated to hit the road with that show after Labor Day. I've come to realize that the company here at New Stage it a tight knit little family and that Me, Deejay, Sydney, and LaShunda are the new kids that sit at the kids table while the rest of the family sits at the grown-up table.

The four us are really starting to form a tight bond with each other. A few nights ago me, deejay, and our friend Neill went to a club and we met with this other guy Daniel. Deejay had wondered off and I explained to Neill and Daniel how close the four of us have to be with each other and how we have to look out for each other. Needless to say I ended up saving Deejay from making a bad move..OH LAWD, AMEN :)

I'm really starting to get a feel for Jackson and how this city works. I haven't explored all of it yet...but I've got a whole year here..so plenty of time.

I can't wait for us to start diving into working on shows and what now. We read for The Miracle Worker earlier this week and it was pretty intersting because I would never be cast in this show. Francine the Artistic Director sat in and gave us notes afterwards and I was suprised to find that I was getting pretty good feedback. I have a reading for The 39 Steps coming up here pretty soon..we shall see how that goes. I'm glad I took voice with Tammy and I took her advice and kept my dialect cd's and diction books. I'm going to take a big leap here and try to stop talking with enflections in my voice in normal everyday life. It's become a bad habit! Thank's Steven, Melvin, and Jasmine...LOL !!!!!

Yesterday we took a trip to see Revolutionized at a Youth Summit in town...it was a very interesting experience for some of us. I'm not going to go into detail.

a.d.d. momement (KELIS's Accapela is playing on my playlist and it's GREAT)

Tomorrow is my off day so I'll be resting up and trying to get off book for Sword of The Stone...I'm playing Merlin f.y.i. I get a magic stick. I'm also fight choreographer....YES !!!!!

Life is grand, but I'm missing my Motown people something awful. I can't wait to see them next weekend.

Well g2g PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment