Thursday, July 29, 2010

It Kinda Seems Familiar.

Oh geez...

So we are finally in the single digits of our run of Lincoln: Upon The Altar of Freedom here in Indiana. The end is really near. It's so crazy to think that my summer is really almost over. Last summer seemed to last forever...but after I finish here I get a five day vacation and then it's off to an audition once again and I start work at New Stage Theatre in Jackson, Mississippi. Time is really flying by.

Yesterday in the girls dressing room...where you will usually find me. Some of the girls were talking about how they were ready to go back to school and I looked over at Sally Cade and Safiya and said "We don't go back to school!" That's such a weird thing to say coming out of my mouth. What? No more classes? I'm actually really excited about this up coming year. I won't be back in Montevallo..except to visit and see old friends, lovers, and best friends!!! Now comes the course of having to "start over" in my life I have found that I'm constantly having to "start over" I went to alot of schools as a kid and lived in two states at one time (Alabama and Tennessee). I went to college all by myself with nobody from my high school. I moved here to Indiana with Marie, and now in less 18 days I have to move to Mississippi and make friends again, this time by myself. WOW!!!! Someone asked me if I was nervous about moving and I shrugged my shoulders and said "No!" I feel like I've conditioned myself for change and I'm prepared.

I don't know if I've told anyone but I literally cried the day I dropped Zach, Jordan, Melvin, and Matt off at there respective homes when we got back from Panama City Beach. It was one of those moments where I knew that it was a close of a chapter and it completely caught me off guard. Melvin is moving to Hawaii, and Zach, Jordan, and Matt will be in Montevallo...along with Stephen and I'll get to visit them but it won't be the same as being around them all the time. You know I look at them and a few other friends that are still in school and I think "They have to keep living the college experience, while I transition into full adulthood...a jungle that will be full of adventure."

I'm Ready, I'm Ready !!! (Spongebob voice) You know I heard some "gossip" about some stuff that happened along time ago and I said "That was 8 months ago, people need to move onwards and upwards!" I didn't want to entertain the conversation because I'm far above that crap and it really seemed childish ...and stereotypical..that's just putting it lightly. You gotta love it though cause it reminds me that you can't please everybody and you shouldn't try too. Everybody can't be your friend. You can show that you have class...and remain classy :) That makes people mad because you won't stoop to DOWN to there level.

Well g2g PEACE

P.S.
Live it up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment