Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Outdoor Theatre....you either love it or hate it!!!!

Hey Folks,

This weekend was a crazy weekend!!! From last friday on to this past monday has been a crazy couple of days. Friday's show was great there really isn't much for me to talk about there. Saturday though....hold on to your seat for this.

We all arrived at the theatre ready to go for another show. We have been doing the show for so long now that it's becoming muscle memory for my body. We do the pre-show and low and behold Lank our director shows up! He often drops in to watch the show to check on the shape of things which is cool because it lets you know if your slacking...that I realize happens when you've been doing a show for awhile. Well the slaves were "chilling" and talking to the audience during pre-show instead of singing. Lank comes over to the slaves and asks us why were aren't singing. We were actually trying to get a song started, plus Lank isn't really the director of the pre-show. He gets on to the slaves and D.J. got really frustrated because of Lanks humor. We then move over by the museum and sings....where it ends up nobody even watches us sing. The audience actually liked us over by the benches. I took it for what it was and just didn't say anything because really I was zoning out because the situation wasn't that deep and I wasn't talking...I was being the slave that carved stuff out of wood.

The next morning was got a note from Lank...I'm not going to go into detail but it said something to the effect of some words that I found offensive...in my mind I keep telling myself Aug 7th, Aug 7th !!!! On July 7th we will only have a month here left.

So far the whole outdoor theatre job has been a cool experience but I want something more challenging. Playing a slave isn't challenging for me at all....it's really stereotypical in some ways. There are times I feel like I'm a real slave...(take that for what you will.) The best thing about this so far is that I've made some really cool friends, and good connections. The show is what it is. The show is for the people of Spencer County and that's who I do this show for. What really made me happy this past Sunday was the little old lady that was singing every song we sung and danced in her seat during the concert...that's who I'm doing this show for :) Not the director, and the Board of the Amphitheatre..but for her and other people that really like this show.

I'm really looking forward to New Stage Theatre!!!! I'm ready to get back inside of a building and doing various shows that will help my with my craft and challenge me at the same time..that's the type of theatre I really love!!!

well g2g PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment