Sunday, February 3, 2013

Finding Solace

Turning off the media and turning on life...

Today after a long day of work...which I've got to put my notice in soon. This will be the shortest time I've ever worked somewhere, but I've got to go! I don't want to go into much detail about my work life because there really isn't that much to tell except that's not what I want to be doing and that's not what I moved here to NYC to do!

I decided to spend the evening after work in the city. I didn't go to a club or to a bar...I hung-out at Panera Bread on 40th and 5th and talked to Dustin, Victor, Alex, Sophia, and Alex till the place pretty much closed down. I also realized that the Grilled Cheese that I had at Panera was the first meal I'd eaten all damn day...ever since having the Stomach Flu my appetite has diminished greatly plus I've been so busy where I do forget to eat..oops, I KNOW!!! Anyway, of course the boys chatted about what else? BOYS and then we moved on to politics, cocaine, and theatre. It was a pretty interesting conversation. Afterwards we stepped outside and it was snowing and for some reason I start talking about "The Wiz" (my favorite musical) and right as Victor, and I are walking down the side walk and singing "Ease On Down The Road" we dance right past the New York Public Library the exact one that was in The Wiz. I had a "geek" moment and had to take a photo of the lion.

We parted ways and said our goodnights we all got on out trains...I'm always the LAST to get off because I live in bumfuck Queens. lol,but every night as I get off the train the since of loneliness sets in. Even when I was dating...I've felt this feeling when getting off the train and it causes me to think and some nights I just don't want to think, but that hike back to my apt always gets me thinking. I just thought about what I want and need out life in general and what I came here to NYC to do and to be honest it's time to set all these things I've been thinking about into motion. I came here with a very direct agenda and I will succeed. I'm going to put aside my "love" life for two years...if someone comes along..great! If not trust me..I'll be alright. I tweeted when I first came to NYC "I will be established before I become ANYONE'S husband" and I mean it. I'm a very headstrong person and I put that aside last year, but this year in 2013 T, it full grown. I've got things to do before I'm 30 and I need no distractions.

I'm a strong guy, and I'm very mature for my age. Today at work Shantay said something to me that me smile "You're a diamond in the rough, babe! Good things are coming to you, and have to realize that God takes certain people out of your life so someone else can sweep you off your feet, and you'll look back and say 'What was I thinking?'and the real kicker about to day was while at work several girls stopped me and asked to feel my arms and they told me how handsome I was and took a picture with me...when they said that I almost cried, but I held it in and (1,2,3 Bright flash) put that smile on.

Hahha I'm gonna be alright! I always am!

No comments:

Post a Comment