So it's an hour before Valentine's day and this year I'll be spending it alone. It kinda sucks, but the person that I love isn't near me this year. So how will I spend this V-day? Who knows!!!
The weekend performances of Twelfth Night were actually fun. Last nights performance felt like my strongest performance for this show thus far. I decided to take matters into my own hands and guide the character's tone of voice the way I actually speak and it felt SOOO much better. Getting direction from two different people wasn't helping me at all, and before I went onstage last night I said "Fuck it! I'm going to do what feel natural and what my impulses want to do!" Last night everything just clicked and following my gut instinct was what I needed to do all a long. Some of the cast members were like "That was a completely different take, and every word that came out of your mouth really meant something" Rob "Yo ass was in the moment FOR REAL last night!"
Today's show was even better. The first scene with Sebastian and I felt SOOO much better and I through out both directing notes.
I guess what I miss about performing in school is how the directors at UM would drill you and how they collaborated with you on things. As of recent I feel like it's all about getting a show up, making sure set, costumes and everything else is in place so they can have the show up in time and get butts in the seats. I'm worried about the state of regional theatres as a whole. Specifically this place. Deep down I have the burning desire to be the Artistic Theatre of a regional theatre someday. I have great ideas for New Stage but I don't think anyone really take me seriously because I've low..very LOW on the totem pole around here. I also get the notion that some people think I'm the "dumb" one out the interns...and I'm really beginning to feel insulted by that. I'm not dumb..but yeah, I ask questions when I don't understand something, yeah I say stupid things sometimes,but that JUST me.
If they actually sat down and had a legit conversation with me I think people would realize I'm sooooo much more than what they think and they have someone whose willing to do sooooo much more and CAN do so much more if asked or just given the chance.
I'm now in rehearsal for Miss Nelson is Missing the Musical...it's cute, but I'd like to do a musical with more substance, but...small steps! I know I'm still paying my dues and this is a whole different ball game.
My time is running out in Jackson and once it's done...who knows!!! I'm already planning my travels this summer and looking forward to this break before I make this biggest move next year. NYC or L.A. we will see :)
Well g2g PEACE
P.S. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment