What can I say? I'm just TYREE :) I'm just an average guy trying to find my niche' in the great wide world. I'm trying to achieve great things and I'm learning from my mistakes each step of the way, clearing my path to make a better tomorrow for myself.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Don't Just "Live" Here...LIVE here
Hey bloggers it's me!
So I've made it past the 2 months of living here in a large city and now I'm finally feeling like I'm settling into life here. I'm starting to get my own routine and a weekly schedule. I've got two jobs and there okay..and I've been auditioning my ass off to much success.
Before I moved up here to New York my college teacher Jen Lane sent me a message and told me "Don't just live in New York, but to "live" in New York" and that's what I've been doing y'all. I think about that quote every morning when I wake up and I say it to myself often. I know that this might sound strange coming from me..but I don't think I was really living until now. I was going through the motions and what was expected of me. Now my life is in my hands and I have to make my own decisions. Last night I tweeted that "Someday I'll sit and write about my life...but right now I need to live it." I don't think you can call yourself and artist and not really be living your life and drawing experiences from your life to bring to you work as an artist. Whether I'm writing, acting, or painting I want to bring whatever experience I'm going through into my work. Since here I've found my love again...R&B and Hip Hop...I feel like I had lost my passion for it for awhile and I don't know why, but here I've found it again. It's made my creative juices flow again and y'all that's a wonderful feeling for me.
Yeah, I'm just living...actually living. My whole attitude has changed since being here. I don't feel so "bitchy" if you get what that means. There still so much of this city that I want to explore and there's plenty of time for that...I'm not a visitor here..I live here. LOL
There's also this person that's bringing a new wonderment into my life. Putting the biggest smile on my face whenever we meet and we're very similar..it's great y'all! Allowing me to be as open as I want to be and showing me new things and we can talk about anything. Stimulating my mind with all kinds of subjects. Although we see each other mainly on the weekends it makes the weekends really something to look forward to after long work weekdays. Our weekend are ours and it's great. I'm looking forward to see where this leads. He deserves an entire blog and it's coming soon believe me. This weekend we had a chill weekend and we saw to good movies. Spending time with him is so easy...we both can be pretty bougie..but yet we're still both so simple...I LIKE THAT!!! We've been open about a lot things from our past and we are learning about each other everyday it seems like...even when we don't see each other. I look forward to growing with Him and learning from each other. I could get use to this...I really could. :)
Well until next time...
I'm learning to be ME, keeping the past where it is IN THE PAST, moving forward, loving life, learning to love...openly, and living with no regrets.
MUCH LOVE Y'ALL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment