Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quality Inn Nights...

So tonight I find myself in a small little town called Batesville in North Mississippi. I'm in a Quality Inn and I've just finished a bottle of Verdi Raspberry Wine...and I'm filling quite chill at the moment. Life at this moment is...I guess you could say..nice? haha. Tomorrow morning I have two shows to do, and to tell you the truth I'm looking forward to the R&J show. I think the only thing that's crazy about these touring shows are the sets. We've got Sword in The Stone down to a "T" but the R&J set gets on my nerves..but the show is fun to do...go figure.

There's a lot going on back home and it pains me to know that I can't be of any help to either situation at the moment. There really are times where I miss home..but it's not really home that I miss, it's the people. They're all a big part of my life and I wish I could put them in my suitcase and take them every where that I go, but at the same time I know that's not possible.

Side note: Mississippi is really not my groove. Jackson is a bore when it come to the city life and as a theatre person I'm all about city life, but Jackson just isn't cutting it. I use to want to go to the club all the time, and now I choose to stay at home. I'm working out a lot, which I LOVE...the gym is my therapy. Call me a Gym Rat and I won't deny it. I'm missing the gym right now as I type this. Crazy right?

I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do after this internship. I kinda want to go home and get my shit together, physically, mentally and prepare for a big move. I really want to join the National Tour of some musical. Can you please make that happen God? Even a workshop of some new piece will be good enough.

Well g2g PEACE

P.S.
So, I’ve been thinking about this whole being happy thing, and I feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. We’re always thinking that someday we’ll be happy; we’ll get that car or that job or that person in our lives that’ll fix everything. But happiness is a mood, and it’s a condition, not a destination. It’s like being tired or hungry, it’s not permanent. It comes and goes, and that’s okay. And I feel like if people thought of it that way, they’d find happiness more often.-OTH

No comments:

Post a Comment