I find myself sitting in a room lit by only a dresser lamp and this living room that has been converted to a bedroom is now my temporary home until my internship is up here in Jackson, Mississippi.
So I'm determined to read as many books as I possibly can over the next few years. I think what I've been missing in my life is excitement through literature. When I was a kid as soon as I learned to read, which I did by the time I was four, I would read anything I could get my hands on. In 3rd grade I had to read on the 7th Grade level because I was reading so fast...it also got my in trouble in class because I would read books while the teacher was teaching. Which probably explains why I hate math.(Hmm?) Anyway I want to start by reading the TIME magazines ALL TIME 100 Novels list. This might seem like a daring feet but I'm going to give it a try...no matter how boring the books I might come across. I won't start until I've read all of Augusten Burroughs books. Right now I'm reading POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS and it's basically a memoir on his life. I was introduced to Augusten by my roommate Deejay, and I can't seem to put his books down. I read Sellavision and it was great...I wonder if he'd let me turn it into a play...better yet a musical?
While reading "Possible Side Effects" I've found so many similarities between Augusten and I. I think he might be the first author that I can honestly relate too on many levels.
In other news I'm gearing up for this month long run of A Christmas Carol and I'm getting pretty excited about it. There are times that I get nervous because I feel like I'm surrounded by so many talented people. I want to do my best and give it my all and I know once the show has an audience I'll be more comfortable. I thrive on and breath of the audience. I love telling a story.
I'm going to New York in January and I'm really thrilled and excited about it and I'm going to be working with Amy Murphy who is the bomb.com and every time I have a lesson with her she makes it sooo amazing.
Well g2g PEACE
What I dream of is an art of balance.-Henri Matisse (1869 - 1954)
No comments:
Post a Comment