Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Back :0

Hey Folks,

I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything but I'm back and I'm in full force. So let's do a quick update shall we... So we are slowly but surely wrapping up the first half of the internship here at New Stage Theatre and it's been a learning experience so far. I'm currently playing Young Ebenezer Scrooge in there yearly production of A Christmas Carol and it's been a blast. The rehearsal process is very fun and we've already run through the First Act and it's in great shape. We only have one week of rehearsals left before we open!!! I was also in New Stage's last production of The Miracle Worker as the understudy to Jim Mathiny who played Dr. Anagnos. I only went on once so the rest of the run I spent backstage..haha fun :)
We had to cancel our first showing of Romeo & Juliet due to the show just not being really ready to be put out there for an audience to see, but we will hit the road running with our first performance on Nov. 30th.

Lately I've been doing a lot of workshops at high schools around the state of Mississippi and it's been awesome. It's been great to see the reactions from some of the kids and today in Port Gibson the kids were so cool and they actually wanted to be there. This internship it turning out to really be a good thing for me. I've been cast along side some good talent and I'm getting cast a lot...which of course I like....especially in roles that I don't think I would've been cast in while at school. It's a good experience and I can't wait to see what happens for the rest of my time here.

I hope to venture next to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival to do some shows there. I've always wanted to since I was a kid...so we will see what happens.

Well g2g PEACE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment