What can I say? I'm just TYREE :) I'm just an average guy trying to find my niche' in the great wide world. I'm trying to achieve great things and I'm learning from my mistakes each step of the way, clearing my path to make a better tomorrow for myself.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Life Changes
Hey Folks,
I'm getting back to blogging as if I have so much time on my hands lol!
A lot's been happening. I recently finished working for the North Carolina Shakespeare Festival and it was one of the MOST valuable learning experiences I've had thus far on my journey to Broadway...why, yes! My journey to the Great White Way...Hey, I've gotta dream and this boy intends to make his dreams a reality. Anyway, I'm home for the summer and I'm back at Longhorn's for the moment. It's great because Tim is a great manager and he knows I'm trying to pursue my dream and he's great to work for.
Recently I've been making a lot of changes.In January I began my slow start to becoming a Vegetarian...yeah, no pork, chicken, beef and now....fish!!! AHHHHH lol No, but honestly it's been great. I really want to get my body in the best condition it can be in and I was looking for a healthy change. Two years ago I went through a terrible break up and I lost a lot of weight...INCORRECTLY. I was doing all of the wrong things. I was exercising a lot, which is fine...but I was also not eating and when I did eat it was a McChicken with Cheese, no mayo, add pickle. lol haha Sure enough I slowly started to gain my weight back. Of course the stress of school and other things played it's part in the return of my weight gain. I've tried many other attempts at losing the weight, but back in December 11' I started doing some reading and real researching to come up with a plan that would really work for ME, and I started setting goals for myself and deadlines....which now I firmly believe are two good methods to achieve weight loss or to just manage your weight. In January I weighed 239lbs and today I weigh 213 pounds. I've been working out regularly and eating right. I do count calories, but also for me my biggest challenge is portion control. I cut out a meat each month and I thought I would be CRAVING meat, but that hasn't happened. Last weekend my parents held a huge celebration for my brothers graduation from college and there was meat galore..and that was a huge test for me..and I passed! lol. I'm definitely not going to push being a vegetarian on anyone..this was MY choice and it's worked for me. I'm now kickboxing and that shit is kicking my asssss, but I love it! It's been a good stress reliever for me and it's exercise. I ran my first 5k in April...29:29 and life feels grand folks!
I'm going to be traveling a bit this year and I'm looking forward to it. I've been focusing a lot on my acting and so writing has taken a backseat at the moment but as soon as a story in my head pops up....then you know! :)
Well g2g PEACE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment