Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tan Leather Couch Thinking

Today I come to you from my tan leather couch in my apartment. I've been doing some rearranging and things of that nature to prepare me for the coming year as you all well know.

Today started out pretty cool. Me and Katy went to the gym to work on our fitness and I'll be going back around four to do round two! Today I received a text from my friend Cedric Norman and he asked me "Dude! Where does ur motivation/inspiration come from?" It didnt take me long to answer back "Perseverance" and for me that's so true. I'm not going to sit here and say that bad shit always happens to me...cause that's just not true but I will say "shit happens" and when "shit happens" I always try to find a way to perserver through whatever obstacle is being thrown at me. I'm going to point out a easy example of me trying to persevere. The other night one of my friends came over and we were all drinking tequila and really just relaxing. They had just finished talking to someone about a situation between the two of them and they were just letting off some steam..well that steam turned into how much of a douche bag I had become to them during there time at UM...first I thought to myself did I lose a friendship with them at some point...yes...But at the sametime during that period of time I was trying to shape myself into the person that I am now. I had to go throught some obstacles and I was trying to find my place here at UM and my place in this world. I sat there and took it of course because I didn't feel like discussing or rehashing the past..cause it 2010, it's time to move past the past and start to focus on my future. I always say "learn from the past but PLEASE don't live in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment